User’s privacy and confidentiality is important to Hotel Intercontinental Mar Menor. We are committed with user’s privacy and security of the information provided.
What are the purposes of the processing of your personal data?
Hotel Intercontinental Mar Menor informs you that personal data you provide by completing any electronic registration form on our website, or through any consultation, application or hiring any service or product by email, telephone or by any other means, including our website, will be processed by SOCIEDAD DE GESTIÓN DE ACTIVOS PROCEDENTE DE LA RESTRUCTURACIÓN BANCARIA S.A. (data controller) as well as by OPERACIÓN HOTELERA GAT I S.L.U. (data processor) being the hotel operated by the latter.
By providing your personal data, you consent the processing with the purposes indicated below:
• Attend to your queries or information requests.
• Facilitate the process of booking rooms and/or golf sessions.
• Manage the features of products or services requested and/or contracted by you.
• Adapt products and services to the preferences indicated in your registration form.
• Elaboration of internal statistics, opinion and/or satisfaction surveys, in order to expand and improve the services offered on the website.
• When you click the box or you expressly give your consent, we will provide through any channel (email, SMS, phone, social networks, etc) promotional information and advertising about our activities, products and services that may be of your interest. At any time, you can object to the sending of these commercial communications by email or other electronic means of communication by sending an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject “decline commercial communications”.
The user is responsible for the veracity and accuracy of the personal data provided and authorizes the collection and processing of his data for the aforementioned purposes. In the event of any modification of your data, we ask the users to communicate it in order to keep them up to date.
Who do we communicate your personal information to?
Hotel Intercontinental Mar Menor will not disclose personal information to third parties without your consent, except if disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
However, your personal data could be communicated to the Hotel’s service providers for the aforementioned purposes, always complying with the requirements established by the current legislation.
These suppliers include:
• The company operating the hotel: OPERACIÓN HOTELERA GAT I, S.L.U.
• our booking Manager: Six Continents hotels, Inc., belonging to InterContinental hotels Group («IHG»)
What is the legal basis for the data processing?
We can process your personal data on the legal basis of:
• The need of processing for the execution of the contract signed with the user (to provide you our services).
• Our legitimate interest, without conflicting your fundamental rights or freedoms (carrying out statistics and helping us to better understand our needs and improve services).
How long do we keep your personal data?
The Hotel Intercontinental Mar Menor undertakes to process your personal data in an absolutely confidential manner, using them only for the purposes indicated.
We will retain your personal information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or until you do not request its deletion or object the processing. In any case, we will retain your data as long as we are obligated to comply with a legal obligation.
What rights do you have regarding the processing of your data?
At any time, you may exercise the following rights as the owner of your personal data:
• Right to withdraw the consent provided;
• Right of access to the information we process;
• Right of rectification of your data, if it was inaccurate or incomplete;
• Right of suppression, when your data is no longer necessary for the purposes that were collected, among other reasons;
• Right to object the processing of your data in certain circumstances, for example, direct marketing or profiling;
• Right of restriction of processing: You have the right to request the restriction of processing in the cases legally established. Likewise, the controller may restrict the processing when the user contested the accuracy of his personal data during the period that allows the controller to verify the accuracy of the data; Or when the user objects the processing, while checking if it is appropriate.
• Right of data portability: you have the right to transfer or copy the data you have provided to us from our database to a different one in a structured format of common use and mechanical reading. It is only possible to exercise this right regarding the data that was provided, when the processing is based on the execution of a contract or in its consent and the processing is carried out by automated means.
To this effect, you must submit a request in writing in which you must reference "protection of personal data", the right you exercise, your name and surname, address for notification purposes, all together with a copy of your ID or other valid document that accredits your identity, directed to:
Hotel Intercontinental Mar Menor
C/ Ceiba s/n, Mar Menor Golf Resort, C.P. 30700 Torre Pacheco (Murcia)
In particular, we inform you of the right to file a complaint with the Spanish data protection Agency If you believe that the processing does not conform the current regulations.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are downloaded into your computer or the device you use to visit a website. They are designed to store and provide information to the owner of the website about the browsing of its users (connection time, page operation...) in order to improve the service offered, to allow certain technical functions, to carry out statistical studies and sometimes, to offer targeted advertising regarding the preferences of the user.
What cookies do we use and for what purpose?
We use the following cookies (own or third parties):
• Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through the website and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted areas, use security elements during browsing or share content over social networks.
• Personalization Cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which it accesses the service, the regional configuration from where it accesses the service, etc.
• Analitical Cookies: These are those that allow the owner the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of users of websites and/or services to which they are linked.
The information collected by this type of cookies is used for the measurement of the activity of the website, app or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users, apps and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data that the users make.
Among these are:
• Advertising cookies: Advertising cookies are cookies that are used to provide relevant advertising for users. They remember that a user has visited a website before. They are often linked to the functionality of the site. We use these cookies to collect information about your browsing habits in order to provide relevant advertising according to your interests.
Among these are:
DoubleClick, to optimize and orient the ads that are included in our services, depending on previous visits and the content that is relevant to a user.
• Personalized Advertising Cookies: If you have cookies enabled, we will present you relevant advertising on our website. Google and other providers show our ads through different Internet sites.
The user will be able to allow, block or deactivate cookies installed on his computer by configuring his computer or mobile browser. The configuration of Internet browsers is usually programmed by default to accept cookies, but they can be disabled easily changing browser settings.
Many cookies are used to improve the usability or functionality of web sites/apps, therefore, if the user decides to disable cookies, some features of the services may not work properly or their quality can be affected. Alternatively, if the user does not want data to be collected as described in this clause, it must cease using the services.
Hereafter, we offer the user some links with the instructions to follow to delete, enable and manage cookies, depending on the browser you use:
• Google Chrome
• Microsoft Internet Explorer
• Mozilla Firefox
• Safari (Apple)